Asashi dot net is a web site where i keep
track of my life with Linux and *nixes
It's main purpose is to act as a reminder so i can repeat
my own errors over and over again, use anything here as
you like, Pit.
- For everyday tasks I've got a Thinkpad T42 that runs Debian GNU/Linux
Potato Sarge Etch Lenny Squeeze
6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 7.3 7.4
- The servers I'm supposed to control run the same
and working with such systems is always a great
- Why Linux? Because it's a very good OS. When
i was a child I used to unscrew every toy just to see
"how they work", with Linux I can do it again. Can you
say the same if you use Windows (R)?
This is not a Linux VS Windows(R) match, but, believe
me, after a few time using Linux you'll understand that
Windows(R) is "just another OS ©", even if you had
that choice only in past.
- I've made some "exotics" installations of Sarge,
see Debian on...
performed on a SGI O2 R5000 (mips), a Cobalt
Qube3 (x86) Qube2(mips), a Cobalt RaQ3.
- I'm proud we are running a complete ltsp terminal system serving
12 terminals for our call center. I get kphone and kiax
(soft phones) running on the clients so we can use our
asterisk server... details will follow soon.
$Id: index.html,v 1.6 2010/08/03 13:24:08 pit Exp $